Help in Maine

i was out working on coop and it got very dark quick , i picked up before downpour started. . chicks 4 weeks now need to get coop buttoned up . i noticed shipping for DE cost more then product , thats why i was looking local. ... well time to go clean chicks water dish again for the 10th time today .

Welcome to this site, it is such a great site for the good, bad and the ugly. You found us and we found you.
Now, do you plan on joining us for our Maine Chickenstock in Litchfeild, Me. On July 27th? You do not need anything to sell, trade nor buy, but feel free to! We are all chicken crazy like you and try to do right by our flocks.

Welcome to the world of raising chicks, neighbor! I'm a newbie too and our climate and predators are nearly identical. To deal with this we did several things, and it's all described in the link below, my home page at BYC. Lots to think about, lots to do, and you'll be so proud of the results!

cool.png

I live in Southern maine and the Agway here had never heard of food grade DE. I had to order it from MPC. It was pricey but will last a long time (50 lb bag).

I ordered DE online..went to every store I could think of and none of them heard of the Food Grade DE. It was pricy, I only got 2 lbs and paid $23 total.

Hi Mainers, greetings from VT! Since you're all here I was wondering if you know of anyone who raises Wyandottes?
I really want to add a few to my flock but don't have room for a whole hatchering order. I have friends and family in Maine so I would be happy to pick some up over there.
If anyone can help I would really appreciate iT!!!
Thank you!
Alos, what is the best foodgrade DE? I haven't been able to find it in my area either!

Back
Top Bottom