HELP!!! Incubator is WAAAY too HIGH!

Keri78

Songster
10 Years
Oct 17, 2009
NJ
Our incubator was running at 99.5 for two days and this evening when we added the eggs it spiked to 112!!! We were thinking that it just needed to regulate so we left it alone. From 5:30pm until now it has been reading between 105-up and 99%humidity!!! We just tried adjusting the thermastat and it seems to be helping but what are your thoughts????(Other than DUMB DUMB!!!) Should I just chalk it up to these eggs are done? Please help! Thanks!

I have all of the articles printed out from BYC homepage and thought I was soo overprepared!?!? This is NOT easy!

I have live chicks that went on lockdown today after a spike to 110. Not sure how long it lasted... So I definitely wouldn't give up. Of course, I haven't hatched anything yet... But I know they made it to lockdown.

If it makes you feel better, mines been steady since that spike on about day 5 or 6, until today. It just now jumped to 103!!

Mine is a homemade one. It held steady for a week before I got the eggs, and 5/6 days after. And then from then until now. I don't get it. The temp is not changing in the room.

Maybe the thermostat went haywire. Might try changing it out after this batch?
idunno.gif

I wish I knew what to tell you. Not a fix it person myself
sad.png
I know that temp spikes and humidity spikes are bad for the hatch... I do hope that things cool off!! Bump!!

Back
Top Bottom