Help! Incubator too small? Please read and help!

I have to say I am impressed you got that incubator to work. I've never used it but like you say pretty much everyone ends up cooking their eggs based on the reviews I've read.

The humidity meter on your picture is reading 80%. What has it been running at so far?

A big challenge I can see is getting the humidity right for lockdown.

They won't all hatch at the same time so all you will need is a heated box to move them to once they hatch, someone will have to be on standby for this as it realy is too small to leave all 5 in there.

Can you get a heat lamp from a local reptile shop? That is all you need for them although ideally a reptile thermostat to keep it at the right temperature too.
Last question... maybe 😂. They are 14 days today and all 5 remaining appear to be good. Do I just leave the eggs like this for hatching? Or should I take out that tray the last three days and lay them on their side? Any ideas? I’m kicking myself for having such a bad incubator.. I feel responsible for these babies!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    488.8 KB · Views: 11
Last question... maybe 😂. They are 14 days today and all 5 remaining appear to be good. Do I just leave the eggs like this for hatching? Or should I take out that tray the last three days and lay them on their side? Any ideas? I’m kicking myself for having such a bad incubator.. I feel responsible for these babies!
Idk if that's mainly a turning tray or not, but I'd remove it. Looks like their little legs may get caught in the gaps! Maybe get a paper towel for them to lay on, and put twine, cardboard or something next to each to prevent rolling after pipping. It can get lively!

Attachments

• 20210205_040930.jpg
    20210205_040930.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 9
There is enough room for a day or 2 of tiny hatchlings. I do not like Humidity over 55 until after Candling day 17. Then not over 70... As each hatch raises it very high for awhile. Watching size of air cells is most important. Move dry babies to join the others after they can stand, and if no more pips at that time. Thet may need a little protection from the stronger Chicks. Good luck!
I’ve been really having to watch the humidity in the incubator... after day 17 and I leave them alone, what if I need to add more water? Can I open it to do that?

I’ve been really having to watch the humidity in the incubator... after day 17 and I leave them alone, what if I need to add more water? Can I open it to do that?
With a bator so small you could probably unplug it really quick and plug it into a bathroom outlet if they have externally piped. Turn on hot water in shower and steam up the room before you open it. That would be plenty of humidity I would think. Do what you need to do and close the top.

With a bator so small you could probably unplug it really quick and plug it into a bathroom outlet if they have externally piped. Turn on hot water in shower and steam up the room before you open it. That would be plenty of humidity I would think. Do what you need to do and close the top.
Great idea! Thank you!
Remove tray on day 18 and lay on sides
should I put maybe some of that rubber shelf paper in so they have some stability?
Remove tray on day 18 and lay on sides

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    412.2 KB · Views: 9
Great idea! Thank you!

should I put maybe some of that rubber shelf paper in so they have some stability?
Great idea! Thank you!

Does this look ok? Temp seemed to go up all of a sudden after I added the rubber shelf paper and took out the egg holder. Keep it at 99.5? Humidity 65-75?

Attachments

• B2F37B62-6ECF-4D6B-ADAA-3B1DF9964B4D.jpeg
    B2F37B62-6ECF-4D6B-ADAA-3B1DF9964B4D.jpeg
    401.1 KB · Views: 11

Back
Top Bottom