help introducing??

jpumpkin

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 29, 2011
I have 3 duck and 5 chicks that are inseparable and they have gotten 2 big 2 be in the house I would like 2 introduce them to the 6 full grown chickens I have outside in a run. How do I do this without anyone getting hurt. Please help!!!! I just want everyone 2 get along!!

Quote:
just wondering how old they are? if they are at least a mo. old they should be big enough to go up against any chickens that wanna pick on them. I don't have chickens but I put my 2 Pekin ducks out when they were a mo. old. Now im going to have to intrigrate my 12 day old African Gos. and Khaki Campbell duckling to them a little bit every day, I figured that by the time they move into the Pekin's house they will already be buddies. I hope. Good luck.
U can try to take them out with u and mingle with the chickens just to see how they react to them, at least your there to supervise.
Hope this helps
Thanks,
T.
91314_pendleton-coco_9days.jpg

Last edited:
There about 5 weeks old. I just don't want anyone to get hurt. I really just want everyone to get along. I'm just looking for the best way to introduce everyone. Yeah I was think maybe I should try supervised visits for a little while. Hopefully it will work out

Back
Top Bottom