Help is he sick baby chick smaller than other HELP

Zainthe

In the Brooder
Apr 6, 2021
16204798506113764722780753952004.jpg

This chick is smaller than the other and has trouble pooping(the darkest one) he was born one day later and he is not that active what should I do he does not get picked on tho

Watch him, he may not seem active because the others are older and have had more time to strengthen their legs and practice walking

He has always been like this he is getting more active but not getting bigger and he tries really hard to poop I have to help him

Some grow faster than others so I wouldn't worry about that unless he's not eating. Not too sure about the struggling to poop, never heard or seen anything like that before. Maybe someone else might be able to add to that

Don't think you should worry at this point. I have a chick (the smallest of all it's brother's and sisters), she was also born a day or maybe even two after, has to help it out of the egg even, didn't move or do anything for about two days. We had to feed it with a toothpick and give it water with an eye dropper. We came to the conclusion that it was just premature.

Just give it time; see if it eats well, drinks water and like rosemary thyme said just check for pasty butt.

I also don't see a size difference because of the angle of the picture

Back
Top Bottom