Help Is my chicks poo normal? New chick owner here

Apr 17, 2022
Denmark
I came Down to feed my chicks this afternoon and I saw this poop and I have never seen something like this before. They have just switched from starter feed to grower feed 2 days ago is it cocksidiosis? They have feed against it but for a day I ran out so they got something else to eat that day so can they get it from that day????

Attachments

• A36FA1B0-D2D0-4295-B0E2-A413F6E13C9B.jpeg
    A36FA1B0-D2D0-4295-B0E2-A413F6E13C9B.jpeg
    574.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 2C545A77-C161-4E51-86B9-DC7667A550D3.jpeg
    2C545A77-C161-4E51-86B9-DC7667A550D3.jpeg
    761.1 KB · Views: 1
Those fecal samples are cecals. They're normal, if disgusting. (Cecal is no one's favorite poop style.)

Knowing you location would be helpful. Has it been very warm there?

How old are your chicks? Are they outside now? Are they getting other things to eat beside the feed?

All flocks is nearly indentical to chick starter so it's not going to cause dietary changes.

Those fecal samples are cecals. They're normal, if disgusting. (Cecal is no one's favorite poop style.)

Knowing you location would be helpful. Has it been very warm there?

How old are your chicks? Are they outside now? Are they getting other things to eat beside the feed?

All flocks is nearly indentical to chick starter so it's not going to cause dietary changes.
That you for your answer😊
I’m located in Europe so at night it get down to about 50 degrees, they are 7 weeks old and they live outside in a coop and gets fresh grass and lots of other vegetables with their feed

Warm weather can make poop runny as they drink more water. Their expanded diet can also cause poop to vary in form. All normal.

When spotting poop that causes you to be concerned, observe behavior. Any chicken coming down sick is not going to be a ball of fire. You will notice a chicken holding back, being lethargic, droopy eyes, feathers fluffed and shoulders hunched. Then you may have an illness to deal with.

Warm weather can make poop runny as they drink more water. Their expanded diet can also cause poop to vary in form. All normal.

When spotting poop that causes you to be concerned, observe behavior. Any chicken coming down sick is not going to be a ball of fire. You will notice a chicken holding back, being lethargic, droopy eyes, feathers fluffed and shoulders hunched. Then you may have an illness to deal with.
Thank you I will observe them more the next few days, they have also gotten a lot of new food this past week so I don’t know if that have anything to do with it.
One more question a yellow foamy poops is that also normal?😊

An isolated foamy yellow poop is nothing to worry about. Consistent foamy yellow poop may have a sinister cause that needs to be looked into, perhaps by getting the poop sample tested for parasites.

An isolated foamy yellow poop is nothing to worry about. Consistent foamy yellow poop may have a sinister cause that needs to be looked into, perhaps by getting the poop sample tested for parasites.
Thank you for your answer I only have the poops occasionally and most of their poops are normal😊thank you for your time

Back
Top Bottom