Help is my hen sick

Lollyxxx

Hatching
Jun 5, 2020
This happened last night my chick came down after bed and had the white coming out her duct followed by this see image .

she has layed a few eggs without shell just jelly then another good one now this .. what’s happening ?!?!

she has been given oyster shell - grit - layers pellets - meal worm .

is it because she is eating the chick crumb or is it because she is sick or is it because she is getting old ..adviae needed .

thanks

Attachments

• 65802F03-D478-4486-AF0E-D4A89410E032.jpeg
    65802F03-D478-4486-AF0E-D4A89410E032.jpeg
    464.4 KB · Views: 61
The chick feed does not contain the adequate level of calcium required by an adult egg laying hen.

To find out if it just a calcium deficiency you might want to administer a daily dose of Calcium+Vitamin D3+Vitamin K for 7-10 days. There are tablets or additives for the water dispenser available, but in her case I would select the tablets.

If there is no improvement after 10 days she might suffer from an infection of the reproductive system or dysfunction of the shell producing gland.

The chick feed does not contain the adequate level of calcium required by an adult egg laying hen.

To find out if it just a calcium deficiency you might want to administer a daily dose of Calcium+Vitamin D3+Vitamin K for 7-10 days. There are tablets or additives for the water dispenser available, but in her case I would select the tablets.

If there is no improvement after 10 days she might suffer from an infection of the reproductive system or dysfunction of the shell producing gland.
Thanks for advice 🙌

Back
Top Bottom