Help, is the chick in the egg okay?

I've never had an egg explode so I don't know how suddenly they do it. But it seems unlikely that there's any chance it's alive. Will you be cracking it open to see if you did have any development?

Although i'm a little scared to, I think I will try tomorrow, if nothing else happens(probably will get a parent to do it bc I'm a little queesy with these things) Hopefully it doesn't explode on on us!

Yeah! That sounds like a good plan. I've always found it interesting when I did it(if there was a chick at all, sometimes there's just yolk).
What some people do is put it in a zip lock bag, that way there's no mess or smell.

I believe that's what I will do, ty for the help! I think I'll candle it in the morning tomorrow, and if by the evening, nothing else happens, I will crack it open. Should I post pictures if there was something in there? I might end up posting pics throughout the process to feel more at ease about what happened in there.

Ok I just talked to a parent, and he said that the crack might have gotten bigger because of the chick getting into position? I hope that's the case for this one, but it doesn't explain the little bit of clear liquid escaping the crack (crack happened to be right where the air cell is since the beginning I found it). He hatched eggs throughout his childhood, but only had a hen, instead of an incubator and never candled because their family didn't have a good light available.

Here's a pic of how the egg looks as of now. There's a line running across the air bag in the second pic, I'm assuming might be a blood ring? I don't think there's been much development either.
VideoCapture_20201125-222340.jpg

VideoCapture_20201125-222414.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a pic of how the egg looks as of now. There's a line running across the air bag in the second pic, I'm assuming might be a blood ring? I don't think there's been much development either.View attachment 2425580
View attachment 2425579
It does appear to be a blood ring. If you so decide to crack it, can you post some pics please? I'm interested in seeing how far along it might've been. Was this an egg sold with other eggs for consumption?

It does appear to be a blood ring. If you so decide to crack it, can you post some pics please? I'm interested in seeing how far along it might've been. Was this an egg sold with other eggs for consumption?
Yes, ofc! And yea, it was an egg meant for eating. There was one other egg that was also in a similar situation, but it's with a friend and unfortunately, also did not make it.

What some people do is put it in a zip lock bag, that way there's no mess or smell.
This is what I do. I've had some fairly pressurized eggs but they stay in the baggie. Its also great because you can mush it around with your fingers to see stuff better without touching the egg goop.

Just be mentally prepared that what's in it has a high probability of looking like a chick.

I will be wearing goggles and a hazmat suit👍 It will be cracked far away in a desert where no one will ever find it.

Back
Top Bottom