Help! Is this a prolapsed vent?

OMG!!! If they are do I pull them out with tweezers??? Would there be more inside of her? I think I’m going to be sick.
Yes, to both I'm afraid. Take a better look please, maggots on tissue like that are bad news unfortunately. They will need to be picked off and of course there is a good possibility if that's what I'm seeing, they could also be inside her. I really hope I'm looking at that wrong.

Yes, to both I'm afraid. Take a better look please, maggots on tissue like that are bad news unfortunately. They will need to be picked off and of course there is a good possibility if that's what I'm seeing, they could also be inside her. I really hope I'm looking at that wrong.
No maggots. Or if they were maggots they’ve gone back inside of her. Arrrggghhh! I can lift the whole thing up and move it from side to side and it’s like it’s only just attached to her insides. Maybe I should bath her again now?

If there was a maggot would it have been moving? If so I would have noticed. I spent a long time inspecting her during bathing and afterwards. I took 30 photos, just selecting the clearest to post.

No maggots. Or if they were maggots they’ve gone back inside of her. Arrrggghhh! I can lift the whole thing up and move it from side to side and it’s like it’s only just attached to her insides. Maybe I should bath her again now?
If she is alert, then I would try giving her a soak to see if any emerge. I'm glad you didn't see any maggots. Is there any bad odor?

A89444C9-F5DD-4208-89D3-CF2FE82D58F2.jpeg
If you look at this photo the maggot looking bit doesn’t look like a maggot. At least I think it’s same bit that’s in the photo you circled.

There is a bad odor?
Just comparing the 2...slightly different angle and lighting. Was the first one before you gave her another soak/cleaning and some of the "yellow" came off?
View attachment 1889110
First one straight after her bath. Second one half an hour after her bath. Just gave her another bath and it’s like a bit more has dissolved off. The whole thing feels quite solid but I don’t know how solid as I’m not squeezing very hard.

Back
Top Bottom