help!! is this a symptom?

chickenman101

Songster
10 Years
Feb 12, 2009
North Carolina
today i noticed one of my hens sort of just standing in one spot while the others scratched and moved around. she sort of had her feathers ruffled up and her chin tucked in like she does when she sleeps except she was just standing there. when i got in ther with her she did snap out of it and start acting normal, but when i would leave i looked and she started again. it was a little cool today but it has been colder and they all have been fine. am i just worrying over nothing or does this sound funny to anyone else.?

Sounds like a symptom to me - of what...
idunno.gif

Good luck!
fl.gif

Hi and welcome to BYC. Lethargic and ruffled feathers can be a sign of worms. Have you ever wormed her? If not, I would give Wazine immediately - it's added to their water.

Welcome. Could you please tell us the breed of this Chickie.

I have chickens that simply fluff up and stand around because they are sleepy or digesting. Chickens often just "chill" especially when they free range.

Just watch her and make sure you take note of her poop. Check for mites or lice and see if she is molting. You can do a search on these three topics. Really you should educate yourself on this because this is part of the chicken world you are going to HAVE to know about.

Make sure she is eating and drinking and check her crop for fullness or emptiness. One more thing in your examination is to check the other chickies in your flock. Just pick one or two up every morning and give them a looksie. It takes but a minute and it can save your flock.

Back
Top Bottom