Help! Is this normal

Wow, I think you did a great job. I would be afraid to trim and start her bleeding again. I think the cord will dry up and fall off in the next day or two. Can they see and/or hear each other while you are waiting?
No but I can move mama and siblings closer so they can. They are In a crated until she is ready to join. After that they will return to the flock in a separate area.

Wow, I think you did a great job. I would be afraid to trim and start her bleeding again. I think the cord will dry up and fall off in the next day or two. Can they see and/or hear each other while you are waiting?
Also, thank you. I did the best and made a really hard judgment on assisting. You just never know when is too early or late

Update: she's eaten, drank some water with the Sav a chic electrolyte and prebiotic. Would poultry cell work as a substitute for nutridrence? She's very active, up and about but still in the incubator. I will be moving her to a brooder by mom and siblings.

Area is scabbed, so when should I put her back in?

The area is scabbed over and has reduced in size since yesterday. I would really like yo get her in with mom and siblings, can she reunite? My gut is telling me to put her with them but want reassurance.

Edit to add: she's eating, drinking, walking, and even pooped a few times. She's alert and acting like a normal baby chicken.

Attachments

• 20230516_071014.jpg
    20230516_071014.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I don't know a ton about hatching chicks, but from what I know about raising chicks, if she is acting normal I would get her out there. You want to make sure she imprints on mom and not someone/thing else.
That's what I'm afraid of. She's already imprinted on me, only silent when I'm by the brooder. Hopefully her siblings will show her the correct mom hahaha. Of course I'm all of their mom in the end.

Back
Top Bottom