Help! Is this normal

That's what I'm afraid of. She's already imprinted on me, only silent when I'm by the brooder. Hopefully her siblings will show her the correct mom hahaha. Of course I'm all of their mom in the end.
Yeah, it definitely happens, but I'll bet that she'll be fine after a week or so. If you are really concerned, maybe you can set up a clear enclosure for her in the moms crate so she is by herself but can see everyone, but that might be overkill. I think if you will be around to watch the introduction and check frequently it should be fine.

Is her wound looking normal, too? Maybe that is the only concern is that someone would peck at it. I think that is pretty unlikely though. I would just watch closely.
It's looking good, drying up really nice. Its been a huge improvement from yesterday morning so that in itself has me happy. I think I will let her join everyone and keep a close eye on them. I work remote so I will be able to see if there is any funny business.

oh, you could also put some salve or neosporin on her spot before you put her in there. Maybe you are already? I find that makes other birds less likely to think it is something to peck at.
That's a good idea! Do you think a&d ointment would be okay? I cannot find my triple antibiotic ointment.

Sorry, I am just checking in. The ointment and putting her in with mom, sound like great ideas. It sounds like you have done a great job. Especially since you work from home and can check to make sure everybody is doing well. Please continue to keep us informed, when you can. :wee

Update: little Crossroad (the little ones name) is doing great. Eating, drinking, and keeping close to mom. They are still inside in the crate as i want to make sure she is well on the road to recovery. The others leave her alone but I'm just happy that she is doing good. I'll get a photo once I am off of work.

I also have a camera in there to monitor when I am away.

Back
Top Bottom