Help, is this safe for my chickens

SoraAkasuna

In the Brooder
Feb 26, 2015
cave junction
I have a bush and I don't know if its safe for my chickens. I plan on expanding my chicken run and there is a bush in the middle. I don't know what its called but I have a picture. Please someone help

I have a bush and I don't know if its safe for my chickens. I plan on expanding my chicken run and there is a bush in the middle. I don't know what its called but I have a picture. Please someone help

Welcome to our flock! I would not worry much about the bush, not really part of the chicken menu but it might provide them with a safe bit of shade in summer!
welcome-byc.gif

I have yet to have a chicken die from eating something bad, so I wouldn't worry about them eating it. If they do. It will provide shade and cover, provided they do not dig too many craters into the root system and kill it.

I jus
I have yet to have a chicken die from eating something bad, so I wouldn't worry about them eating it. If they do.  It will provide shade and cover, provided they do not dig too many craters into the root system and kill it.
I just worry because of everything that can be bad for them I take every precaution

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! If you can post the picture, somebody might be able to identify it. There are some bushes you really don't want chickens to eat, usually they won't really eat something bad for them if they free range, but some birds confined in a run will eat everything in there.

Welcome to Backyard chickens. Is the bush small enough so you can put netting around it. Does it have berries or something that would tempt the chickens? Otherwise I would ignore it.

Welcome to Backyard chickens.  Is the bush small enough so you can put netting around it.  Does it have berries or something that would tempt the chickens?  Otherwise I would ignore it.
no its too big for netting and it doesn't have berries that would tell them its just they seem to eat anything in Site

Back
Top Bottom