Help- is this sour crop?

Minky

Crowing
6 Years
Nov 4, 2017
Ontario
My this about my lovely, favourite Welsummer hen 2 yrs old, healthy, usually lays 4-5 eggs a week...

Ok, so 2 days ago I noticed how big her crop was - it was evening so I figured she had just eaten well...but it was very big- grapefruit sized? and swishing around like a large boob. Next day (yesterday - I noticed again.. it was afternoon- and I thought- hmm.. she is eating a ton I guess? spring finally came so maybe eating a lot of bugs, etc... and then I noticed her doing this weird dance move with her neck- like "walk like an Egyptian" over and over for about a minute. Still, didnt think much about it- although I did wonder why suddenly last week she stopped laying eggs (hers is very easy to tell- its round like a big golfball.)
So, this morning my daughter noticed she threw up clear liquid with a bit of white in it. Other than her STILL enormous giggly crop, and the weird dance movements (she was doing it again this morning) she is acting normal.. scratching, pecking, eating, .....
What do you think? Shall I do something???Turn her upside down and empty her crop?? or should I just watch...
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom