HELP ITS ERGENT!

I'm currently hatching bobwhite quail and I just keep them in the carton they shipped in and set them in the incubator. I also marked one side of the egg with an X to tell which eggs I've rotated and which ones I need to rotate; And I put each of them on their side for easy rotating.
Hope this helps!
smile.png

can you put a video Of how to do it? I have no idea :/ PLease pics or vids would help... i was thinking like you put it in a carton and put the carton on a stick and you tilt it different ways kind of like a roast cooker roatating but you only go half way! IM SO CONFUSED

Here you go. As you can see I have all my eggs turned sideways so when I rotate them they will be on their other side (I rotate them at 8am, 12pm, 4 pm, and 8pm every day). I have my monitor on the right side to obviously monitor the temp. and humidity and I have my light bulb enclosed so when the baby quail hatch they won't touch the bulb and die. I have the styrofoam blocker thing in front of the bulb to eliminate some of the unneeded heat and if you can see in the back I have a wet dark green rag (color doesn't matter) sitting inside a container full of water with a sponge.

I put 9 eggs in a paper carton with the holes cut out at the bottom of eggs and put holes and widened the cone-ish part that separates the eggs for circulation. I then put cupboard liner (that rubbery, sticky stuff), on the bottom of wire grid and then on top of that I placed an upside down measuring cup,
roughly 3/4" high with a small piece of liner on top...I numbered the sides of my eggs so I can go in there and quickly turn carton to next side, leaving it tilted with the cup. I hope I got it right the first time and look forward to opinions posted to your thread here. I too am trying the dry incubation method! I hope it works for us!
Good luck.

Last edited:
I 'hope' you don't mean me...(?)...by the time I figured out how to upload it, your eggs would probably be hatched out... I still can't remember how I got my Avatar up here! @#$% What the heck, I'll give it shot, assuming you were talking to me?

Back
Top Bottom