Help! Janoel 12 temp going too high...

Once I get home from work I’ll pull out the manual and help you adjust the reading on it and the high alarm number - I can’t remember off the top of my head, at least not without it in front of me. :) Then you should be able to adjust it to be right. One of mine is currently reading 36.3 while the other has to be set at 38.6 to get the correct temp in there. 🙄

Ok! Sorry it took so long. Press and hold the “Set” button until “HU” comes up. Hit the plus or minus to get to “CA” then hit set again, then you can use the plus and minus to adjust the reading. This is probably the easiest way for you to adjust this sucker without having to change too many settings. :) once you’ve set it, just wait for it to time out and voila! Hopefully good to go. 👍

THANK YOU! That was it. The unit that was "about 5 degrees out" had its CA set to 4.8! Thank goodness I didn't just shrug my shoulders and go with it.

On a related note, would it be normal for the bottom of the egg compartment to be a degree or two cooler than the area just above the eggs?

Perfect! Glad that helped. :) I find that I get a lot more temp variation prior to putting eggs in, So often when I’m starting it up I’ll put “dud” eggs (usually storebought or eggs from treated birds I can’t eat lol) in first to see what it settles out as. You will get some variation in temp regardless but if your reading at the mid-top level of the eggs is ok, and you’re turning them, it’s fine to have a little difference in there, much like it would in a nest under a broody. :)

Fantastic. Just need to sort the humidity now. It's 80% because I went ahead and out the 100ml of water in before I'd checked it. I'll tip a bit out now and keep an eye on it.

Actually, the room it's in is showing as 70% humidity outside of the incubator... That might be a problem!

Hi! I just purchased this incubator and I’m trying to get it set up today. So far temp has been steady but the additional thermometer/hygrometer is reading at 37.6°C and the unit is set at 39°C (and reading at 39°C). I read all through the manual but I’m so confused. I tried to calibrate the thermometers but I’m not sure it worked properly. I read through this thread and it said the CA but I’m confused as to what the CA does.

Hi! I just purchased this incubator and I’m trying to get it set up today. So far temp has been steady but the additional thermometer/hygrometer is reading at 37.6°C and the unit is set at 39°C (and reading at 39°C). I read all through the manual but I’m so confused. I tried to calibrate the thermometers but I’m not sure it worked properly. I read through this thread and it said the CA but I’m confused as to what the CA does.
The CA adjusts the number on the display, so you can make it read closer to the confirmed temp that you’re getting with your additional thermometers. I don’t pay attention to the number on the machine at all as long as my extra thermometer reads correctly. :)

Yes I've searched lots. For some reason the H thing isn't mentioned anywhere. I've now worked out that it's because the temp is higher than the one it's set at.

Is the fan inside just too puny to cope with a high ambient temp? What do people in hot countries do??
Hi all,

This is my first time using this incubator and my first attempt at hatching eggs ever.

I have two issues at the moment. 1). My incubator is flashing "H" on the LCD display. What does this mean? I've not seen anyone else mention it.

2). I've set the temperature as 37.5 but it's stuck on 38.2/3. It's in a cool ish room but ambient temperature here in the UK today is just below 30 degrees.

Am I doing something wrong or do I have a faulty unit? I've added 100ml of water in the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom