Sponsored Post Help keep your chicks and family safe and healthy

I've been told that prior to antibiotics farmers fed their chickens raw milk to keep their GI tract healthy and avoid coccidiosis. Same general idea, I think..... the living enzymes in raw milk improve health. I feed my babies raw milk 2X a week, and my hens get all the soured raw milk - they just love it! (Note - raw milk is completely different than pasteurized milk, I wouldn't bother looking for health benefits from the pasteurized stuff, the cooking kills all of the living enzymes) But for those of you who have a goat or cow, or access to raw milk, it's worth considering.

Hi goldenoldie99 - I just checked with Sav-A-Chick and unfortunately their products are only registered in the United States at this time, so they can't ship to France. Sorry!

i have a wyandotte hen who had sx about 8 weeks ago, she had an infection from a stuck egg (long story) they saved her and she did so well for 6 weeks ate like crazy ( i get my feed from a farmer in Geneva florida special mix) and she put on a pound. she was on antibiotics for some time along with 2cc a day of coloidial silver. six weeks later she built up fluid again and started to go down hill. lost the weight again, but the vet tubed fed her 2 x a day and put her on lasix and antibiotics again for a while. she eats yogart sometimes but is not crazy about it. she is doing fine now off the allopathic meds except she will have to be on the lasix for life as the tissues seem to want to get inflamed from some of the microsmall material still in there, she was spayed (ovary still there) took the egg sack. she is my pet! she was alone for awhile as i lost my gold seabright bantam last summer so i have just aquired a white jap bantam rooster for her as company, didnt want a rooster as i am really not in a area for them but it is working out as he is very small and they are doing fine. have been looking for a good probiotic for her, this sounds like it. i will go onto the site and order some for her. thanks jaclyn ,florida keys

Back
Top Bottom