Help lady Amherst pheasant hen with swollen shut eyes

Mar 26, 2018
Help my pheasant has swollen shut eyes. There was nothing wrong with her until yesterday they were pretty swollen yesterday but not enough to make your eyes stay shut but today she can't even open her eyes or see me please I need help and I'm not sure what to do at all
Snapchat-2052061351.jpg
Snapchat-67971485.jpg

It could be mycoplasma gallisepticum (MG,) a respiratory disease. Other possibilities would be a sting around the face or peck wounds. Can you see any bubbles or foam in the eye? Any nasal drainage or sneeze? Do you have other poultry or have you brought in any new birds recently? You can get Tylosin powder that treats MG in the drinking water here:
https://www.jedds.com/shop/tylan-soluble-100-g/
A local vet might get you something more quickly if they see her. Doxycycline, Denagard, and oxytetracycline are other antibiotics that might treat it. Baytril which is banned for poultry is also sometimes prescribed for MG.

There have been no discharge but I've had her for 4 months and he's been sneezing since I've gotten her
It could be mycoplasma gallisepticum (MG,) a respiratory disease. Other possibilities would be a sting around the face or peck wounds. Can you see any bubbles or foam in the eye? Any nasal drainage or sneeze? Do you have other poultry or have you brought in any new birds recently? You can get Tylosin powder that treats MG in the drinking water here:
https://www.jedds.com/shop/tylan-soluble-100-g/
A local vet might get you something more quickly if they see her. Doxycycline, Denagard, and oxytetracycline are other antibiotics that might treat it. Baytril which is banned for poultry is also sometimes prescribed for MG.
She's been sneezing for about 4 months but rather than that there was nothing wrong before and now she's sneezing has swollen eyes and there's bubbling in the eyes but there's no discharge out of her nose

Back
Top Bottom