Help, LIL Chick not doing well

Cedar? goodness get that out of there. The oil in cedar can be lethal to the little ones. Better to have healthy living chiks with a little smell than sick dying chicks and a clean smell. Just my 2 cents worth.

I scooped my little girls bedding two - three times per day when they were little and had no problem with any smell. There were only 21 of them but none the less, there was no smell.

Good luck with the little one.

Ruth, I had to separate her because the others were beating her up. Also, did not want the chance of infecting the others in case there was something wrong with her... and LOL ... Believe me, they do have several feeders... I have spent a pretty fortune on them... I think I actuall bought to many of them LOL... but I thought I needed them.

Catewin, we use very little cedar, I have always used just a touch of cedar bedding mixed with the pine bedding with never any trouble. I have raised over 200 chicks this way... Before doing this, I even talked to a few people including hatcheries that said it would be okay with the ratio that I am using... Believe me I was worried about doing it too... it was just suggested to me and that is when I started checking into it... I will tell you though, I would never ever do anything at all to hurt my babies, I spend to time, effort and money on them...

Though I have several, they are all my babies/pets I would never do anything to hurt them.

Back
Top Bottom