help, liquid discharge.

elkhunter270

In the Brooder
Feb 2, 2023
hi group, one of my hens is having liquid discharge from her mouth, gurgling, spitting up liquid gasping for air, it feel like she is choking. any ideas

This started before she laid the egg? Has she perked up any since she laid the egg?
How old is she? Was she laying regularly before this happened? Any history of abnormal or weird eggs from her?

This started before she laid the egg? Has she perked up any since she laid the egg?
How old is she? Was she laying regularly before this happened? Any history of abnormal or weird eggs from her?
good afternoon, it was noticed after the egg this morning. she has perked up a little and is moving around but still slow. she is 2 years. she lays pretty regular, like everyday. normal looking eggs, strong shells, firm whites and yolks. she is breathing but it sounds like croaking or gurgling.

Have you pried open her beak and examined her mouth and throat for crusty lesions or plaque? If it's not a crop disorder causing the gurgling, it could be respiratory or a protoza infection.

Have you pried open her beak and examined her mouth and throat for crusty lesions or plaque? If it's not a crop disorder causing the gurgling, it could be respiratory or a protoza infection.

good morning, well I noticed that a mushroom was picked at yesterday. not one of my morals, oyster, or shitake but something probably not good for a chicken. so I sent pics of it to the Colorado state university horticulture department, I had to get miconazole and got strange looks for it, so treatment has begun and she is doing better with an empty crop but still a little gurgling now and then.

Back
Top Bottom