Help! live chick in egg kicked out of nest

How long was the egg sat on ?
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
I don't know exactly how many days, but somewhere in the 2-3 week range. It should have hatched some time in the next few days anyhow. I don't when exactly tho. It was just kicked out of the nest today.

I hope your little chickie comes out OK! Rough start!

But remember, sometimes the hens seem to know if there is something wrong with a developing chick and they kick them to the side..... My hen picked up a newborn chick and threw it out of the box! I was so shocked and saddened, but I realized after nursing it for several days that there was simply something wrong with it. It died anyway. I don't think it was injured by the hen, I think she knew it was not quite right.

Good luck! Keep us posted!

I have WHAT in my yard? :

I hope your little chickie comes out OK! Rough start!

But remember, sometimes the hens seem to know if there is something wrong with a developing chick and they kick them to the side..... My hen picked up a newborn chick and threw it out of the box! I was so shocked and saddened, but I realized after nursing it for several days that there was simply something wrong with it. It died anyway. I don't think it was injured by the hen, I think she knew it was not quite right.

Good luck! Keep us posted!

Agree.... with that Big of a "crack" if it was not time for it to hatch it may not live at all.....It is up to you if you want to try and save the little one or not....If you are going to try and save it...then you need to take a few layers of gauze, wet them well...fluff it up and wrap lightly around the whole opening ASAP....Then but it in your bator and put a wet sponge in the bator to help keep the moisture up !

Watch for sound and movement.... Poor little chick
sad.png

peeper still moving and peeping........will we need to remove guaze to help it come out of the shell or just let it do it's thing.......noticed one of the roosters trying to mess with the hens on nest several times when we found the egg and a little while later found another egg out and looked like something hit it or it rolled out sorta dwn hill into the other nest and had a small crack and blood......after removing it the hen on lower nest returned after making rooster leave and putting up something to keep him out of the nest....guessing tht the rooster may have caused all the trouble or very well could be something wrong with them at least gonna try to save them.

Back
Top Bottom