HELP Lockdown is tonight, DO I TOSS THIS EGG IS IT DEAD EVEN?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Bantam Username, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Bantam Username

Bantam Username Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2011
    Wiltshire, UK
    Eeeek, 2 days ago I had 4 wrigglers, tonight we are about to go into lockdown and 1 egg no longer has any visible veins just some blotchy red marks? Is it definately dead as it was fine and dandy 2 days ago, do I risk leaving it in there when it might explode or do I take it out when it could still be alive? What do I do? Please help!!! [​IMG]

2. RachaelS

RachaelS Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    Austin, TX
    If you are 110% sure it is dead take it out, but if there is a chance AND it does not stink I don't think it would explode in the little time you have left. I let my parents use my bator and when I checked on them my dad said one was dead because it stank, I asked him for how long and he said about a week!!!!! I told him to take out asap so as not to ruin my bator :-(

3. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:When they are ready to hatch the egg will be full and you might be able to see movement around the air sac. If you saw a full egg, leave it in the incubator. Good Luck Michele

4. Bantam Username

Bantam Username Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2011
    Wiltshire, UK
    Ah well, lock down was last night and no one replied then so I took it out. Hope it really was dead then. [​IMG]

5. clairabean

clairabean Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Kootenays of BC!
    It should ahve been full, like you can not see a thing, if it was ready to hatch. By the sounds of it, it stopped developing awhile ago.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by