1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

HELP!! Looking for someone to do the 'dirty work'

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by FlyWheel, Mar 27, 2016.

1. FlyWheel

FlyWheel Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

I have a two year old Australorp that is just too mean to keep in the coop He even pecks the hens and almost ripped the side off of one when he picked a fight with my other rooster (who is gentle, and I want to keep)! I want to remove him from the coop and put him 'in the kitchen' where he will at least do me some good!

However I neither know nor care to learn how to process a chicken, nor are my housemates too keen on the idea of slaughtering this devil bird on the property. I have asked around, yet although it seems 90% of the population around here hunts, and we do have a wild turkey season, I cannot find anyone who will process birds!
    [​IMG]

Does ANYONE here know where I can get this rooster dressed for the table? I live in Blackstock, South Carolina, which is halfway between Columbia and Rock Hill.

Thanks for your replies.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  2. FlyWheel

FlyWheel Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Never mind!

I found a place that will do it. One of the mechanics that tuned up my car knew a guy, and when I called he said they do birds and will get him ready for the table for me.

EDIT: nope. They don't do birds anymore either. Imagine that: A state where almost everyone hunts yet not one who will do a bird!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by