Help- Lower beak break? Graphic picture warning.

Let us know how she gets along. I hope that she survives, but also gets to where her beak is healing. Hopefully others with experience will post.

Hello,

Just a quick update on how our kiddo is doing. She is making more chicken noises but is staying quiet most of the time. The beak/ jaw is the same however she's been able to successfully swallow formula before and after tubing. Long road ahead but so far I feel she's doing well.

Another update, and maybe a surprising one. She can move her mouth now, although her beak isn't aligned but way closer than it was before. She's getting so strong it's getting harder to tube feed her. I definitely can't do it alone now. I think (fingers crossed) she might eat on her own again soon!! Thanks for all the encouragement, my next post will be when she is trying/successfully eating ❤️

You should post a picture of what she looks like today! Also, add any other details of her treatment that you may not have mentioned previously. It would be helpful for another person in a similar situation 💕 @Rach403
Absolutely! Her feathers from drooling are a bit rough still so I hadn't posted pics. Honestly all I did was antibiotics and tube feeding. Its still been cold here so I haven't done much with the feathers.

Back
Top Bottom