Help Maintaining Humidity Levels in Incubator

We are up to 11 hatched and a few more have pipped. Got a few that look like there's nothing going on, but we'll see in the morning. I was hoping they would all be hatched today so I could move them to their little brooder, but of course that didn't happen. This is so exciting!

17 cute little balls of fluffiness!! I candled the last one and it developed, but I don't see any movement. I put him back in the incubator just in case.

I wanted to check out my new incubator, so I used barnyard mixes. I have an Andalusian Roo and some barnyard mix roos (I've since sold the mix roos). The hens were Black Sex Link and Silver Laced Wyandottes. I also bought some mixed eggs and the roo for them was a Rhode Island White and the hens were Black Australorp, Rhode Island Red and Rhode Island White.

Now we are going to start breeding Andalusians and Golden Laced Wyandottes. Possibly Easter Eggers also.

I wanted to check out my new incubator, so I used barnyard mixes. I have an Andalusian Roo and some barnyard mix roos (I've since sold the mix roos). The hens were Black Sex Link and Silver Laced Wyandottes. I also bought some mixed eggs and the roo for them was a Rhode Island White and the hens were Black Australorp, Rhode Island Red and Rhode Island White.

Now we are going to start breeding Andalusians and Golden Laced Wyandottes. Possibly Easter Eggers also.
Awww....I would love to have a Silver Laced Wyandotte. Mine are all mixes too. My rooster is Rhode Island Red and my hens are EE's, Golden Comets and White Leghorns. I only have 1 EE egg left in the bator, so I hope that one makes it!! I just purchased 12 EE hatching eggs last night. I will set those as soon as my current batch is finished. It is so exciting isn't it?

I have some bantam breeds also, but the 2 eggs from them ended up being clears. May try again with them on this next batch. I'm trying to get an EE bantam from my standard EE and Japanese Bantam rooster. I think they would be so adorable!!

Please come back and post pics of your chicks as they get older. I would love to see the changes that occur. I'm so glad you had a good first hatch rate!

I'll be sure to come back and post pics. I can't wait to start another batch!!
tongue.png

17 cute little balls of fluffiness!! I candled the last one and it developed, but I don't see any movement. I put him back in the incubator just in case.
Congrats they look fab I'm so jealous my incubator is away now till next spring and I can't wait too get it out again!! Good luck on your next batch I'm sure you will have them set soon the incubating addiction soon takes a hold :thumbsup

Congrats they look fab I'm so jealous my incubator is away now till next spring and I can't wait too get it out again!!
Good luck on your next batch I'm sure you will have them set soon the incubating addiction soon takes a hold
thumbsup.gif

I'm soooooo going to be a hatchaholic!!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom