HELP!?!? Male or Female Welsh Harlequin??

That baby has a second eye stripe. Welshies look very bland in color as babies ( not pretty black and yellow babies) and they DO NOT have eye stripes as adults unless they are mixed. I would say she is a rouen like @21hens-incharge said. She'll lay about 150 eggs a year and will be pretty chunky. A good breed👍
WOW great news about the egg laying! Thank you for the info 😊

Thank you! See that’s what I thought too, I guess as a first time duck mom, google is getting the best of me and confusing me lol

Any recommendations on a great male breed that would make cute babies with my girls??
I would use a lighter weight boy because he likely won't have issues breeding and won't hurt your girls. However I would also get one or two more girls just to make sure he doesn't over breed them. A bigger drake might hurt your medium weight blue swedish.

A Khaki, Fawn and white Runner or a chocolate Runner drake would give you sex- linked babies. The girls would carry brown, boys black. A Fawn and white Runner would give you the most variation among the babies.

I can tell you your "welsh" is a female. Now whether she is pure welsh or not that is the question. She is very darker than what would be standard for a duck that young. Female welshes have a tendency to get darker in their 2nd year. She has the right bill color, the pretty brown speckles and the blue on her tips. Depending on size, she could be a silver appleyard. They are bigger. But the stripes around her eyes leads me to think there's roen in her as well. Especially the baby pics of her. Here are my welshes so you can see the difference.
20200828_170946.jpg
20200828_171148.jpg

I can tell you your "welsh" is a female. Now whether she is pure welsh or not that is the question. She is very darker than what would be standard for a duck that young. Female welshes have a tendency to get darker in their 2nd year. She has the right bill color, the pretty brown speckles and the blue on her tips. Depending on size, she could be a silver appleyard. They are bigger. But the stripes around her eyes leads me to think there's roen in her as well. Especially the baby pics of her. Here are my welshes so you can see the difference. View attachment 2611602View attachment 2611603
OMG yours are so beautiful!!! You are a very lucky duck mama!!

Umm...okay y'all. She's a rouen😂, the silver appleyard babies have mohawks and welshies are all yellow with a dark shading depending on whether it's a gold or silver phase ducky. The baby pictures clearly show a black and yellow baby with two eyestripes, SHE IS A ROUEN.

She looks like a PERFECT ROUEN. Quite beautiful actually!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210417-133127.png
    Screenshot_20210417-133127.png
    131.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20210417-133105.png
    Screenshot_20210417-133105.png
    452.6 KB · Views: 15

Back
Top Bottom