HELP..Males fighting & bulling non stop..

cocianna

Chirping
15 Years
Sep 4, 2007
I hope some one can help me with this problem. I got 4 baby ducks from TSC last spring. As they got older I realized I had 3 males & 1 female, but they were all getting along fine so I kept them together. About a week ago the boys started running her all over & trying to mate. It was too much for her so I separated her & put the 3 boys together in their own pen. The boys have a 12X12 horse stall at night & get free range for several hours during the day. But now the boys are fighting with each other. Pulling out all the head & neck feathers, slamming into each other and generally trying to dominate each other. So now I have each of them separated also. However, I can't continue having 4 ducks in different areas as I don't have that much space. If I just put the boys back together & let then "duke" it out (with no female in sight) will they eventually find a "pecking order' or will they continue bulling each other until they get hurt or killed? I'm desperate because I can't keep them the way they are acting & don't really know how to re-home them. And putting them in the "dinner pot" isn't an option. HELP PLEASE....

Last edited:
I had 2 drakes and one female too. I couldn't stand to watch them going after her. Poor thing. Now, I'm not sure about them getting along together. Someone will come along and have some good answers for you.
thumbsup.gif

i had the same problem i had to seperate the female and males cause they drew blood from her so the only way is to keep the most favorite male and keep him or keep them seperated

I had the same problem with my muscovy and pekin. I got the muscovy two years ago and then got 2 pekins last year. Both of the pekins were suppose to be females but one turned out to be a male. When ever the muscovy goes near the pekin duck my pekin drake attacks him even though my muscovy wins everytime. It got to the point where I couldnt let them out into the yard together. So I found the pekins a nice home with someone who has a pond. I found mine a home using craigslist, you have to be very careful though, I got a lot of emails from people who just wanted to eat them.

Its better to have 3-9 hens per drake other wise they will always fight for dominance and over breed the hen causing problems for her. Best to either sale a drake or get more hens.

More hens NOW....once they start majorly breeding she could be severely injured or even killed. There have been many instances where ducks have drowned from exaustion or their pelvic bones broken by non stop mating. They may also kill each other in fights over dominance until there are more hens to go around...

Back
Top Bottom