help me choose which 18 week old silkie roo to keep

Bama he looks like a ball!!! Very Handsome!!

And Michelle they sure are pretty, I want more silkies!
love.gif

I bought some from a nice young lady in Minnesota as little babes. Wish I would have taken pictures when they were little. I used to just stand in there and watch them sleep. So cute!!!! I keep threatening to post pictures!
lol.png
One of these days I will.
frow.gif

BamaChicken, what a gorgeous Roo!!
He looks like a puff ball! That is exactly what I want to have someday.

Yes, it was Alan Stanford. I could tell he really cared about his birds when I contacted him. He was worried like me until they had safely arrived. They were absolutely adorable babies.

Tiki244, I would love to see pics of yor Silkies! I do have some lavender babies , 4 weeks old, from Ideal. They look pretty different than these did at that age, but the color is pretty. I thought maybe some day I could try to breed for the color and improve the quality.
I can see they will be different from these birds, but still sweet:)

Ameraucanas, and Orpingtons are also favorites of mine. I love the new color projects some of the members are working on.

I had an Ameraucana hen I really loved and waiting for some new ones.

Michele

Quote:
How big did his comb get? Contrary to popular belief, some people believe that large combs are a sign of good fertility. It has something to do with it being more masculine, and attracting the hens, if I am not mistaken. I do know of a few breeders who actually breed for the larger combs.

I'm more curious to see his offspring though. What kind of blues is he producing? Are they coming out lighter than he is?

Back
Top Bottom