Help me confirm the gender of my six 14 week old chickens

Sorry to hijack my own thread but I have another question. I'm going to have to rehome all but one of my birds. Is this one going to go insane being by itself for a couple months while new chicks are growing in a brooder?
Having one by itself is not ideal. It's okay-ish, but maybe if you can hang on to 1 boy until the others are older do that. If you absolutely can't, then, eh, she'll be alright. I personally have only had to keep a chicken by itself once for an extended time. Because of that, although I don't speak chicken, I did spend a lot of time with him to try to give him some interaction of some sort. (He actually adopted me as his hen and followed me around the yard. Of course, when I got hens for him he went back to hating me. 🙄)

Having one by itself is not ideal. It's okay-ish, but maybe if you can hang on to 1 boy until the others are older do that. If you absolutely can't, then, eh, she'll be alright. I personally have only had to keep a chicken by itself once for an extended time. Because of that, although I don't speak chicken, I did spend a lot of time with him to try to give him some interaction of some sort. (He actually adopted me as his hen and followed me around the yard. Of course, when I got hens for him he went back to hating me. 🙄)
Thanks for the feedback. The main issue is the crowing. these are suburban chickens so they can't be making a huge racket. I can keep them around so long as they don't start crowing. I'll rehome the two noisemakers right away and hopefully the others will keep a lid on it for a couple months while I raise some egg producing replacements.

Back
Top Bottom