Help Me Decide Which Incubator to Buy?

Feathered Wings

Songster
11 Years
Oct 9, 2008
Georgia
I'm ready to order a new incubator and I'm trying to decide between 3 different Hova-Bators.
My main concern is how well these 3 do on hatch rate and performance I will be hatching Old English Bantams and Call ducks.
The prices are different and there are a few difference's between the 3.

I was intending on getting the 1588 w/turner as it has recieved good reviews here it's pricey
The other 2 are basically kind of the same except for the windows.
But like everyone here if i can get one and save a few bucks and still have good hatches that would be great.

Please give me your experience and reviews on these 3
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hova-Bator 1588 preset to 99 w/turner says all you do is add water and plug it in $174.52 > price includes shipping

Hova-Bator 1583 picture window,adjustable temp has a turbo fan w/turner $149.07 > price includes shipping

Hova-Bator 2362 small side windows,adjustable temp has a turbo fan w/turner $132.42 >price includes shipping

I was just about to post the same question. I am so confused about the hovabators and the differences between them other than the obvious with the window sizes.
I also would like to get one with the turner and fan. What is the best hovabator and price with those options?
Some say turbo fan, some just air circulation etc.

Sorry for jumping in on your post. Where are you getting those prices from?
I went to www.cutlersupply.com and can get the genesis with the adaptor car plug for total of $186.43 which includes shipping.
(The adaptor cord is $9.95 and it is included in the shipping which was a bit over $20.00)
Ordering direct from the manufactuer was also about the same price that you quoted with shipping included.

Anyone know of where to get better prices?

Thanks so much for starting this post. Inquiring minds want to know.
I plan on hatching some Amaurcanas and slikies. Looking for good silkie eggs too !

Hope you get alot of good responses with good prices. I'll sleep alot better at night once I've made the decision !!!!

I have the Genesis 1588 and I love it. I'm not sure about the others though. Last fall I had great hatch rates and I never had to mess with the temp. It stayed steady the whole time.

A week ago I purchased the 2362N with fan and turner.

It is running with 94 quail eggs in it.

I had no problems getting it to 100.0 degrees on the thermometer that came with it. I'm having fits with the digital therm and hygrometer that I bought.

I got mine on ebay.

Quote:
PS: I found cutler supply on ebay advertising the genesis 1588 for $171.80 plus shipping. I tried calling them to ask these questions but there were closed on saturdays. They referred to there website. So I went there and punched in the genesis 1588 with turner. It was only $155 plus shipping. Point being, Ebay may not be the cheapest you can get it from these companies. Try their website direct !! Every dollar spent can buy more chicken feed !!! LOL

Quote:
PS: I found cutler supply on ebay advertising the genesis 1588 for $171.80 plus shipping. I tried calling them to ask these questions but there were closed on saturdays. They referred to there website. So I went there and punched in the genesis 1588 with turner. It was only $155 plus shipping. Point being, Ebay may not be the cheapest you can get it from these companies. Try their website direct !! Every dollar spent can buy more chicken feed !!! LOL

I'm ordering from Cutler and it all depends on your Location how they determine the Shipping so the price will be different according to where you live.
I posted the prices in my opening post above and thats a quote for Georgia where i live.

Go to Cutler web site and find what incubator you want and click the add to cart then click the Estimate shipping,
Add the incu to the shipping and theres your total price
smile.png

Last edited:
Yep, that's what I did. Their shipping for me in Wi was about $7.00 more that the manufacturers but their price was alot cheaper, go figure, you have to really shop for everything, even shipping.

If anyone else has a cheaper source just let us know.
wink.png

I really would have liked to order from Jeffers but they don't carry the Genesis 1588. I've always had excellent service from them.
I might wait to order until Monday so I can call Jeffers and see if they can get the 1588 and check their cost. They ordered a saddle for me direct from the manufacturer and they were discontinuing it fromt their catalog.
They went the extra mile, I really like it when you get good custormer service. (which I may just start a new post on !!)
I'll post their price if they can get it.

I got the Hovabator 1602N w/ fan and turner for Christmas and just finished my first hatch in it. Got about an 80-85% hatch rate with Winter eggs and first fertilized eggs from my pullets/hens.

I hear the Genesis 1588 is basically plug n play. All you do is add water when needed and the temp is supposed to be preset. My Hova was a little bit more work, it has a metal piece that comes up through the top and you have to turn it to get the temp regulated. It stayed pretty much at 100, but it is a bit sensitive to the room temps. Where I had mine sitting, the night time temps in the house would raise the bator temps a degree or so. But I still got a great hatch from it.

I had asked for the Genesis, but DH didn't remember which one I wanted lol. I am just happy to have something better than my dumb still air LG!!

Quote:
Really wanted to stay with Cutlers i have ordered from them before and their prices and service are excellent.

I already know the price's
roll.png

Just wanted reviews on the ones i posted to know the hatch rates and performance of the incu's i posted above so i could make a decision as to which was the best.

Back
Top Bottom