Help me dog people! Dog psychologist needed!

Pics
@Isadora T that last pic is the cutest! I've considered getting a second cat, but Boo is not friendly to the feral cats that stop by on occasion. Also, I feel like we lucked out with her. She is a good mouser (moles actually, but moler doesn't sound right 🤣) and she never bothers the baby chicks.
@Madhouse Pullet post some Pictures. Lots of pictures! ☺
I have some in my gallery and some in a thread.
20210611_182218.jpg

Shadow and Stella (below)

I know how it feels - the stress AND the relief! Our current dogs didn't get along at first. They didn't trust each other and got into at least one scuffle every month for almost a whole year. I was stressed out which didn't help lessen their stress. We got some advice from a trainer and things have been WAY better. I showed the dogs that I am in charge and won't let them hurt each other. We still watch them closely when they're together, but I and they have been able to relax.

The first dog we gave a forever home to was a boxer. He lived to 14 and was AMAZING with other animals. He was goofy his whole life. He learned that spinning in circles was fun when he was 7 years old. Your Ruby reminds me so much of him.
Funny that you say that, my husband calls Ruby "the sidewinder" because of her spin. I noticed that she is teaching it to Brewster now.

We had a situation similar to yours with our boxer, Sadie. She was a sweet puppy but as she grew up, she became aggressive with other dogs and small animals.
She was fine until I would come home from work and then she started to attack my little dog, Truman. He was already a senior at that point. She grew up with him and they were fine together until she was around 18 months. She almost bit Dexter several times when he was a puppy and she hated all of our relatives dogs.
We sent her to a month long doggie camp. It helped for a little while but she had to move to an only dog home eventually. She was a very pretty dog but I was literally scared to have her around any more. I felt guilty for a long time but the other dogs, and our grandkids were priority.

We had a situation similar to yours with our boxer, Sadie. She was a sweet puppy but as she grew up, she became aggressive with other dogs and small animals.
She was fine until I would come home from work and then she started to attack my little dog, Truman. He was already a senior at that point. She grew up with him and they were fine together until she was around 18 months. She almost bit Dexter several times when he was a puppy and she hated all of our relatives dogs.
We sent her to a month long doggie camp. It helped for a little while but she had to move to an only dog home eventually. She was a very pretty dog but I was literally scared to have her around any more. I felt guilty for a long time but the other dogs, and our grandkids were priority.
Wow, we've been in very similar situations with our dogs! Years ago we adopted a two-year-old female boxer when our male was older. She seemed okay with him at first but seemingly out of nowhere began to attack and bite him when he was excited/playing and paying no attention to her. She had to be rehomed. I'm sorry you had to go through that.

@oldhenlikesdogs
I honestly hadn't thought of Ruby as old until I saw her playing with Brewster. He has so much energy. Rudy's face is getting so gray. Someday Brewster will be grieving for her. We are getting at an age where we have to think about our own mortality before getting more pets.

Brewster is so happy here. I don't regret bringing him to his new home. I'm glad for the opportunity to make him feel loved.

@BigBlueHen53 that sounds like a fabulous position!
My husband and I are teaching Brewster not to go in and out of doors without being invited. My husband excels at training.
I'm a little slack on the dogs, sort of like the grandchildren. But my husband keeps us all in line. 😉

And hey, I'd love to pictures of everyone else's dogs and pets too.
PXL_20210608_010434822.jpg

I just recently painted a cartoon of my boxer in watercolor HERE.
You did good! I love it!
The fuzzy one is an Airedale Terrier and the other one a smooth coated Fox Terrier.

View attachment 2716983
Omgoodness they're so cute! :love
@Madhouse Pullet they are stunning! Bet you are proud!
@StinkyAcres you are very talented. Artists run in our family, my daughter and my granddaughter are both tallented..me, not too much.
@LaFleche I'd take both those pups! I love seeing them play. ❤
I think I take more pictures of the dogs than I do my kids 🤫 shhh
Omgoodness, adorable!!! Boy/girl?

You did good! I love it!

Omgoodness they're so cute! :love

I think I take more pictures of the dogs than I do my kids 🤫 shhh

Omgoodness, adorable!!! Boy/girl?
Cobra... Named after his daddy's black Mustang. He's dumb.

Back
Top Bottom