Help me dog people! Dog psychologist needed!

Pics
Updated pictures of the pack/gang.
The cats' tree was reupholstered by my very talented, daughter, Marsha. June (kitten) & Boo took a few minutes to warm up to the improvement.
Boo & June:
View attachment 2842183
View attachment 2842185
Boo with Brewster:
View attachment 2842212
Ruby with June:
View attachment 2842214
Brewster & Ruby:
View attachment 2842215
Y'all feel free to post photos of your own!
Omgoodness June is getting so big! And everyone looks like they're getting along nicely. I love the pictures 🤩

Thank you
@LaFleche @Madhouse Pullet @BigBlueHen53
They have come a long way.

June has been spayed. She is still hesitant to go outside, but she likes to go to the door and look out. She and Boo wrestle a lot.

Brewster has learned not to go through gates without being commanded to do so.
He still opens the outside doors, and comes in on his own. The chickens often follow him inside! 🙄
🐕🐓🐓🐓

Thank you
@LaFleche @Madhouse Pullet @BigBlueHen53
They have come a long way.

June has been spayed. She is still hesitant to go outside, but she likes to go to the door and look out. She and Boo wrestle a lot.

Brewster has learned not to go through gates without being commanded to do so.
He still opens the outside doors, and comes in on his own. The chickens often follow him inside! 🙄
🐕🐓🐓🐓
Good morning Janie 🌞

Brewster is smart! Too funny....How in the heck did he learn to open doors 😂 and the chickens probably wont miss the chance to check out the human's coop.

Good morning Janie 🌞

Brewster is smart! Too funny....How in the heck did he learn to open doors 😂 and the chickens probably wont miss the chance to check out the human's coop.
We have lever types door handles. He just takes his paws and keeps pushing until they open. Unfortunately, he hasn't learned to shut the door behind him. So, chickens in, cool air out. 😁

Guess you will have to keep doors locked, and carry keys always!

Maybe tie the key to the door handle with a string, so it dangles there for easy use.

With young humans, that works until they learn to use the key (which doesn't take long), but I don't think a dog would ever be able to stick the key in the handle and turn it.

We have lever types door handles. He just takes his paws and keeps pushing until they open. Unfortunately, he hasn't learned to shut the door behind him. So, chickens in, cool air out. 😁
That is what some of our dogs did as well. We had to exchange the handles for knobs to prevent the house from being taken over by all kinds of curious animals. :cool:

Maybe tie the key to the door handle with a string, so it dangles there for easy use.

With young humans, that works until they learn to use the key (which doesn't take long), but I don't think a dog would ever be able to stick the key in the handle and turn it.
We have electronic locks on the front and laundry room doors, so we are able to lock Brewster out, without locking ourselves out. I hid keys nearby for the French doors. So far, so good.
We are going to have to repaint the front door, though, because he has scratched it up around the lever. I'm taking it out of his biscuit allowance.😆

Back
Top Bottom