HELP ME EMERGENCY

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by megancarleigh, Oct 12, 2015.

1. megancarleigh

megancarleigh Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2015
    SW Florida
    chicken found standing really still wings out and wheezing softly. She was acting her bossy self yesterday ordering around the younglings.

2. megancarleigh

Jul 17, 2015
    SW Florida
    [​IMG]
    Put her in the box then this

3. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot Premium Member

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    She could need an antibiotic. I'm new though. Maybe someone will chime in with more experience. I had one that stood still a lot and had one eye closed. Someone will chime in soon

4. megancarleigh

Jul 17, 2015
    SW Florida
    T
    thank you, I can't find my antibiotic on hand right now so I'm giving ACV I put a thread out earlier and no one answered so I decided to make a dramatic title thank you[​IMG]

5. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Well I'm commenting again so someone else may notice it.

6. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    her comb and legs are purple red

7. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    So granny said since her comb and legs are purple it could be lack of oxygen or the liver she thought.

8. lindalouly

lindalouly Grd Ctrl 2 Major Tom

Keep her warm with access to water and food... I give my girls gaterade if they appear to have a cold. Try scrambled eggs for food. And check her for mucus...... Or irritated throat and other symptoms you can share so someone might have input on if she needs meds.... Also check her vent and area for any problems there.

9. megancarleigh

Jul 17, 2015
    SW Florida
    She died last night must have shook a lot I hand her in a large dog crate and her bowl of water was spilled over and she was upside down In the corner anybody got an idea as to what it was and if it's anything to worry about with my flock. I put her in seclusion last night

10. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Oh no. I'm am so sorry to hear this. Wish I could tell you what it was. I would definitely keep an eye on the rest of your flock just to be sure. So sorry. :hugs

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by