help me find a hatchery

bock

Songster
11 Years
Oct 10, 2008
Northern CA
In March next year, I plan to buy 15 hens to add to my flock so I can sell eggs to my neighbors. I am trying to find a hatchery that has a minimum order of 15, doesn't charge a large shipping price, and doesn't require that you buy 5 of each breed. Cackle hatchery would be my choice, but they have a minimum order of 5 chickens per breed, and I would love to have more of a variety. Does anyone know of a hatchery that fits these requirements? Thanks ahead of time!
big_smile.png

Quote:
We have actually adjusted out shipping rates for 2011!

You can order 15 different breeds and pay just $25.86 to ship 15 to CA. We have worked with the USPS so that we could offer a more reasonable rate to our customers looking for smaller order numbers. I hope that helps.

I would recommend Ideal. I looked around & thought they had some of the most affordable small-order shipping. minimum $25 order. No other restrictions on numbers. I ordered 15 chicks this summer & was able to get them sent without any "males added for warmth"

i have been very pleased with 2 orders of chicks from "my pet chicken.com".
i recommend them. good luck. btw in february i will be placing my 3rd order with them for some more chicks!
smile.png

Quote:
I agree - Ideal has great quality chicks, as a kid I won Grand champion at the State fair with some of Ideal's birds. I admire their reasonable shipping charges and every order is timely and correct. A few die in transit on most orders, I think that is nature's way - the strong survive.

My E.E.s came from McMurray via Murdoch's and are very healthy happy hens that lay very well, but when I go to their site and do a mockup order, it ends up being significantly more expensive than the same order from Ideal.

I have no experience with any of the other hatcheries, but our local feed store sells chicks from Privett and is very pleased with their quality and customer service.

Back
Top Bottom