Help me find a special thin knife

Sunny Side Up

Count your many blessings...
11 Years
Mar 12, 2008
Loxahatchee, Florida
Please help me find a certain kind of knife to use in my kitchen. The other one I had is missing in action and I hope to replace it. It had a long, very thin blade, only about 1/4" wide. It was about 6" long, and slightly curved upward. The edge of the blade was slightly serrated. This is a great knife for slicing tomatoes and hard-boiled eggs.

I found the last one at some dollar store, and it was the only one on the shelf at that time. I haven't seen any more like it anywhere. I tried looking for one online but don't know what to call it. A search for "tomato knife" or "egg knife" didn't help.

Please let me know if you're familiar with this type of knife, and where it can be bought. Better yet, please let me know where my other one can be found in my house!

I'll send you mine...it won't cut hot butter
lol.png

Mine like that is made by a company named RADA. Saw them in a Lehmans catalog recently. Mine was a christmas gift, it is actually called a tomatoe knife I think and is so sharp. I also have a hawks bill paring knife made by them. My cousin from Sarasota gave me the paring knife, I assume she got it there somewhere.

Last edited:
Quote:

My best guess is that your kid/grandkid/neighbor kid needed to do some whittling and the knife is now lost in the grass/sand beside the old tree stump. At least, that is where it would be around here.

My mom had one like that. The blade was VERY skinny, right. First place to look is in the tackle boxxes. I don't thnk I have seen one like that in years.

I still haven't seen anything that looks like my knife. Caspernc, you're probably thinking of something the closest to what I had, it had a very very narrow blade, about 1/4" wide, thin, and slightly curved upward, maybe about 6" long. I used to see them sold more commonly in dime & dollar stores, but not anywhere lately. That's why I'm asking here, because even if I do find my other one, I'd like to have a few on hand for back-up.

No one in my family knows where it is, even though I've promised complete amnesty for the confessor.

Back
Top Bottom