Help me guess our Mystery Chicken breed?

faegood

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 27, 2013
Efland, NC
We got sucked into Impulse Chickens at the feed store last week, despite the fact that we could just grow out another batch. But of course, these were breeds we didn't already have. Chicken Math.

At any rate, we picked up a Welsummer, a Buff Orp, and this Mystery Chicken to add to our flock. She was one of 20 freebies thrown in with our feed store's big order, and they had NO IDEA what breed she might be. Last week, she was mostly pearly grey, with a bit of creamy light yellow about the head, but her feathers are growing in white.

Here's what she looks like today:

Any thoughts? Last week this chicken was grey, this week she's white and pale brown. Perhaps next week she'll be purple?

Thanks in advance,

~Fae

Well, she doesn't have feathered feet, although maybe not all of them do?

~F
I think all Brahmas have feathered legs.

WELCOME TO BYC!!!

I thought it was a Leghorn or a White Rock but you say it has light brown in it?
Perhaps it is a mixed breed?
Keep us posted with pics and descriptions and we'll try to figure out what it is.

Thanks for the welcome, Joshua. I actually read BYC all the time...I just don't post very much.

~Fae
Oh, I didn't even check the date, you actually joined before I did.
big_smile.png

Not to worry :)

White Rock is on my list of possibilities. They should certainly be a specific breed: they came from McMurray's to our feed store. And really, it doesn't matter that much, except I'm CURIOUS!

~FAe

I had the same thing happen. No idea what this one could be it has to be at least 2 weeks old and the one behind it is at least a week younger. She is so small

Back
Top Bottom