help me help my frizzles

I appeciate all yor help. As of today all of them are doing well. I added a couple of capfulls of apple cider vinegar to thier water yesterday evening, and put them out soom chick grower to start out with for the protein. when dh got home this evening (i was at work) he called and said they were acting like they had perked up and they were foraging in the grass in thier pen, and one even showed her appeciation and layed an egg. I think they are gonna be ok. they are just gonna need some work, and a little love of course. As far as the breeding I'm not so much worried about that for now with them. honestly if i can get them back just laying good I will be happy. later on i can breed them. I did get 4 cochin roos in the deal. One is solid white, and another is kinda a bluish color and white, out of the other two, one has something wrong with his eye and the other acts really mean. dh hasnt decided which to keep, but i do plan to rehome 2or 3 of them. I am so glad all of you here are so willing to help us newbies out. thank you so much for your help.
clap.gif
welcome-byc.gif

Thats what we are here for. We as well learn something new every day from this sight. Raising poultry is a learning game so to say. Hope all goes well, and if you need anything further let us know.

~Casey

You can give them whole flax seeds which is rich in the Omega -3s and will help their feathers as also help make the molt smoother for them too. I mix in my girls food and have since they were 2 weeks old...They never really had an "awkward" looking stage, it was very minimal. The feathers are nice smooth and glossy.

You can also feed them dog food in small amounts every 3-4 days and it will help them ALOT! Or buy live minnows, the smallest you can find and feed them to your birds. The extra protien in the dog food and the minnows will help the feathers come out easier and look alot better once they do come out. It wouldnt hurt to get some V&E as well to mix in their water.

~Casey

Back
Top Bottom