4 rooster no clue what
5 white crested polish hen
6 unknown roo
7 unknown roo with a partridge cochin hen
8 2 roos i cant tell the back one partridge cochin roo and unknown roo
9 black cochin hen
10 cant tell what the barred one is.
11 buff cochin hen

Thank You so much for this reply all of these answers make sense. The unknown roo I believe came from a bantam assortment we bought from, he is a feisty little thing he would like to put my four year old little girls eye out he is funny b/c he is the smallest in the coop but seems to be the most aggressive lol. Ok, so I came home at 1:00 and found three eggs I was freaking out B/c I have been going down to check for eggs obsessively for at least a month two to three times a day! Now we added the white and the black hens (Cali White? and Barred I am assuming from your answers) three days ago. We were told they lay daily but I think one of my originals laid too. What do you guys think. One egg was clearly brown the other more of a cream color one being very close to white. I am so excited!!!!!!!!!! More pics coming.................​

DSCN0426.jpg

Tell me what you guys think and if you can who could have laid these?!?!?!?

Quote:
I just googled phoenix bantam rooster and yep I think you are right
Thanks you all are awesome!!

Floppy comb is fine. It's actually required in some breeds in fact. Leghorn hens often have large and floppy combs, that is what you are seeing on your brown leghorn hen. Brown leghorn roosters would look exactly like your little mean roo, but much bigger with a bigger tail with more of the curvy tail feathers.

The little rooster is a young Old English bantam rooster. Phoenix roosters are supposed to have more of the curvy tail feathers that are much longer than he has. Do be careful, as roosters that attack strongly tend not to stop attacking, ever. If you have small kids, might be best to get rid of him- despite the small size, there is some potential for real injury- scratching eyes/face or scaring a toddler into running into something by accident for example. His eye looks odd in one picture because you happened to catch their third eyelid in action- birds have a third eyelid that is mostly transparent.. this is normal.

I agree with chickenwatcher on most- would add in 11 on the right side is a cochin rooster, 2 brown lehorn hens on left side. The really dark hens in first pic look like either mixes or one of those 'sex link' cross.

Looks like you lucked out on getting mostly hens, appears there's only 2 roosters in there(the little mean one and the partrdge cochin roo) and also appears most are young birds.

Quote:
I have had the chickens since somewhere around mid to late April they were brand new then(day old) so when do bantams usually start to lay?

Also, I have one more that I noticed did not get in any of the pics anybody care to guess I was thinking americuna sp? but really have no clue just a guess. She is really nice in fact she comes to me for attention.....lol........I think??
DSCN0434.jpg

The one with the floppy comb is definitely a brown leghorn hen. The white one with black speckles I think is a California white. I saw a couple of Rhode Island red hens in there. You have a lovely brown leghorn rooster. The last one is an easter egger. Hatcheries sell them as ameraucanas, but they're not really.

Beautiful birds!

My guesses

1 I see 2 RIR pullets, Brown Leghorn pullet, buff Cochin pullet
2 Not familiar with that breed.... in the background, Polish and the RIR & Leghorn from pic 1
3 Brown Leghorn pullet
4 BBR OEG or OEGB depending on size cockerel
5 Polish
6 & 7 same as 4 (that;s his 3rd eyelid.. I hate when they blink during pics
tongue.png
LOL
8 Partridge Cochin cockerel , cock from 4,6 & 7 and I don't know the white one
9 Polish and Black Cochin pullet
on the last pics.. the barred one.. if it has a Rose comb.. it's a Dominique

Oh, and I already posted on the other thread... but I believe the last one is an EE pullet
smile.png

Last edited:
The problem with bantams...especially OEGB is that they don't lay real regular...don't be surprised to get 2/3 of the egg production of the others...just not what they were bred for...then again...being hatchery stock they should do better...

Back
Top Bottom