Help me identify my roosters!

chicknhippie

Hatching
Jan 15, 2016
Colorado
Okay. There are twelve total. The parent roosters were icelandic and golden dutch. The fenale parents were buff orp, barred rock, ameracauna (that we know). We bought all these under the impression there were only two roosters in thw flock. we were very wrong. So we think weve identified 8-10 roosters and the last 2-4 we are unsure on. This is Moonshadow

This is Sunny-

This is Blackie- (shes a fast one better pic coming)

And LittleFoot-(i will have to go take another pic)

If you could all help me determine the gender of these guys that would be much appreciated. Thanks!

mix breeds can be pretty hard to tell sometimes for sure. I had a little yellow chicken I call sunny that I could have sworn was a hen, then one day she started crowing, and trying to breed the other hens lol guess I was wrong on that one lol.

Here are more pictures if that might give a better look
Littlefoot-

(Sunny's tail in that pic too^^)

Blackie-

Pheonix-

Moonshadow-

Thanks for any help

welcome-byc.gif

All your barred (black and white striped) birds are males. Those roosters over barred hens both make sex link chicks, with the males being barred.

Littlefoot looks like a pullet, but how old is it?

Blackie is barred, so male

Phoenix is female

Moonshadow and Sunny also look like a pullets, but again need age to be sure.

I am pretty sure they are all pullets. Icelandics are rainbow chickens and dont have a certified color so there is no way they make sex links.

I am pretty sure they are all pullets. Icelandics are rainbow chickens and dont have a certified color so there is no way they make sex links.
If the Icelandic rooster isn't barred, he can be used to breed sexlinks. All you need for black sexlinks is a barred hen and a non-barred, non-white rooster.

Back
Top Bottom