Help me identify these ducks

Welcome to BYC. Everything what Blue Creek has said.. That said its best to call your buddy back up and ask him exactly what they are. If you cant get a hold of him ever again show us some more photos of em in a couple months and we can take another stab at at.

Thank you for your help. I will try to take clearer pictures soon and more in a few months. They were dropped off at my farm so I can not get in touch with them.

Just asked a friend of mine who has raised waterfowl for over 50 years says it looks like a grey teal chestnut hybrid. I didn't even tell him what I thought it was lol

hello
im am 95 percent sure that they are crosbread, i advice you not to breed them because they are not pure, there is 5 percent chance that they are mutation but this is verry unlikely, so i advise you not to breed them, the only way you can now if it is female and male is by sexing them, but i think looking at the pond size this will be difecult, but do not let them breed and let thier ofsprings escape in the wild!!!!!!
thanks
louis

I agree with Louis. To me they look like a hybrid for sure. Definitely chestnut teal in their somewhere. Now that I look back at cajunfowl's post, I can now see how this could be a chestnut teal crossed with a grey teal. Regardless, do not breed them.

i think it is chestnut teal-crosebred with bleu wing teal because they got some blue on thier wings like the male
but as i sed do not breed them or let them breed with an other duck on your pond to get any more crosbred ones that could potentialy fly away

Back
Top Bottom