Help me identify this white chicken, please

Chicky Chick Mama

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 12, 2011
western kentucky
We purchased 5 buff orpington pullets from Rural King 12 weeks ago and one is white and does not appear to be a buff. At 2 weeks old, Goldie was the largest chick and now at 13 weeks old, the others have outgrown him/her. I suspect it is a roo, but am not sure of the breed and have nothing to compare with. Rural King did not stock any white chickens at that time (only orps, RIR and Barred Rock in stock), so we are really at a loss. It does have one black/white striped tail feather, a couple a brownish spot on each wing and some black flecks in the neck feathers.
82371_p5211193.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
That does look a lot like our Goldie...who has turned into a Whitey. Thanks for the link! I just wish it were a pullet instead. I'll never buy from rural king again.
sad.png
Of the 20 RIR pullets purchased, 2 are roos. Of the 5 Buff Orps Pullets, 2 are roos and one was a different breed roo. I know mistakes happen, but the % mistakes on those orpingtons is quite high!!

Quote:
That does look a lot like our Goldie...who has turned into a Whitey. Thanks for the link! I just wish it were a pullet instead. I'll never buy from rural king again.
sad.png
Of the 20 RIR pullets purchased, 2 are roos. Of the 5 Buff Orps Pullets, 2 are roos and one was a different breed roo. I know mistakes happen, but the % mistakes on those orpingtons is quite high!!

I still think that could be a pullet.

Look at the pic of "Amanda" on feathersite.

Last edited:
I have a california white that has a couple smudges on her....well, now she is colored more mud
roll.png
, have had tons a rain lately

eta- I thought my california white was a cockeral for a LONG time.... I don't see anything that screams roo, I would wait it out personally...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom