Help me name my found dog **back with her owners**

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by SpringChickens, Jun 19, 2009.

1. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Songster

Feb 1, 2009
    Lexington, KY
    Ok, so if you havn't read my strange found dog story, I would recommend you read it now... Go on, I'll wait.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=200515

So now that you're back, I need help naming this dog. I've had an ad posted on Craigslist, in the newspaper and at the humane society, and I havn't found her owner. I actually have not even had anyone call after the first day.

Since it's been almost 4 days since she was found, I am assuming that she was dumped and is unwanted. Read post #53 for my reasoning behind this logic. We are going to get her a flea dip tomorrow and her rabies shot since there is a clinic at the local feed store, and assume that she is here to stay.

Obviously if the owners contact us and can give a reasonable explanation for why they havn't looked for her for 4 days, we will gladly return her.

So, the guts of the matter, she needs a NAME!! And it has to be something good, because with a story that good behind her, she deserves a magnificent name! Since you are more creative than I am, I am leaving that up to you.

The contest will end Monday at 9pm CST, with the winner receiving their choice of cookies or homemade chocolate covered cherries (to die for, even if you don't like store bought ones). The prize will still be distributed even if her original owner contacts us.

Some pictures to help with your decision! (I will try to add better ones soon...)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  2. Snap62

Snap62 Songster

Jun 1, 2009
    Okemah, Oklahoma
    Under the strange circumstances which she appeared, I would name her "Angel"

You were blessed with this dog, and she with you.

Angel, no doubt.

3. undermywings

undermywings chicken chaser

Mar 29, 2009
    California high desert
    Mysterie. Misty for short

4. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Onyx for her black shiny coat

5. astylishgirl

astylishgirl Animal Lover Supreme

Apr 27, 2009
    Beaumont, Texas
  6. I read the other thread and saw that people were calling her Imposter Molly.. Since she is like your missing dog. I would call her
    Ditto

7. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    I like Riley

8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Quote:I second that!

or you could call her Rip. Then when she dies you can put RIP Rip on her head stone.

My first dog when I was a kid was named Rip.

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits...

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I'd name her something do with her beautiful face and her BIG smile! [​IMG]

10. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Songster

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    Destiny, since it seems to be her destiny to belong with you. She's a beauty, hopefully she will get to stay with you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: