10 Years
Sep 19, 2009
Buxton/Leek
Hi Everyone,

Help required
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png

A gentleman gave me 14 pheasant eggs to hatch. I have got them at the right temperature and they have all started hatching. One was born dead, number two hatched around 1pm today and has just died. Looks like it died in its sleep because its all crawled up.

I videoed it hatching tooks loads of pictures the whole family is really excited and the little chap has just past away.. Absolute gutted. Rang my mother to tell her its definitely died and she is convinced its got to be sleeping. But it is stiff and not moving at all.

It didn't even dry out like a chicken usually does its still got the wet hair.

Why are they dieing?

What am I doing wrong?

I have had hens for years but never pheasants.

Do you need to do something special?

Hey do you know what kind of pheasant eggs you have. I am guessing probaly ringneck. Pheasant are alot harder to hatch out then chickens in incubators. So hopefully a couple will make it for you. You are probaly not doing anything wrong. But in my experience hatching pheasants in incubators is always a little hard. Plus if you have the little styrofom incubators they really dont do so well on pheasants. I use real chicken hens to hatch out alot of my pheasant eggs and the chicks are always alot stronger. So i hope i helped you out a little. Good luck.

Eddie

Hi Eddie,

There pure white pheasant eggs.

Another two are peeping. How long should they take from the first hole? The last two took days.. Wondered if they was weak to start off.

I have found pheasants to be harder to hatch as well. They start then die pipping sometimes. Make sure your humidity is up and do not open the bator till they are done. I have tried to assist them but it usually did not help much with survival. Maybe raise temp a degree or two as well.Good luck to you!!

Back
Top Bottom