Help me sex my easter eggers...please!

anjbagley

Songster
10 Years
Aug 21, 2009
Star Valley Wyoming
Can you tell if these are cockrels or pulletts? They are 10 weeks old. #1 is the one with more white-first 2 pics. #2 is the one with more red- last 3 pics. Thanks!!!!
39615_new_378.jpg

39615_new_382.jpg

39615_new_383.jpg

39615_new_385.jpg

39615_new_379.jpg

Sorry!
hide.gif
I think both are cockerels, pretty dern sure in fact.. I have a 10 week old EE pullet and her comb is NOWHERE near that red.. Here is a 10 week old EE pullet to compare:

Kalie021.jpg

The combs are different though...
hmm.png
I am not sure, but I still think both boyo's

Last edited:
I positively agree. Both cockerels. The feathering above the tail is a good indicator also. On roos the feathers are more narrow and longer as on the neck also. I have several EE's and am constantly hatching them out. I can say with certainly they are both cockerels. The red comb also the the feathers is a good way to tell if your uncertain.

The tail carriage was a dead giveaway on my EE cockerel as well. Narrow, upright as opposed to fanned out, a bit fuller like a pullet. I think I am getting the hang of this!

Thank you so much to all for your help. I not only love that everyone here is so willing to lend a hand but also that you pass the knowledge on to the rest of us. I didn't know about the feathering of the tail. I can't wait to go out now and compare them to others and hopefully make the connection so I can sex my own!

Back
Top Bottom