(Help me sex these babies? Look What I am picking up next weekend!

Elite Silkies

Crowing
10 Years
Jun 17, 2009
Oklahoma
My Coop
My Coop
I am picking up a pair of Splash Silkies next weekend. I will post better pictures of them after I get them home.

Honest opinions, what do you think?

I think they are gorgeous, I might be partial though.

34583_splash_roo.jpg

34583_splash_hen.jpg

Picture is small, but hopefully it will work: Does anyone have a clue what sex these buff babies are? They are about 3.5 months old. I am picking up 4 buff babies along with my Splash Pair.

34583_buff1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think think they are very cute!
smile.png
Are they from a local hatchery?
I think the buff one on the left looks like a girl.

Last edited:
The buff aren't bearded?? And their combs are very red... Should be dark. Simply going by the comb and wattles on the closest buff I'd say cockerel.

The splash's look nice, but it is kind of hard to see
smile.png
Are their combs as red as the buffs? From what I understand, it's hard to breed out the red color...

Still cute silkies!

19hhBelgian, The Splash have dark combs and wattles and they are bearded, I am going to let my kids show the Splash Roo. She raises her silkies to show. So, I am not sure if the buff's combs are that red, or if it's just the picture quality. Her battery was going dead and she was trying to hurry and get the pictures.

The buff babies parents both have very dark combs and wattles, and I think they are non-bearded.

Suburbanchx, they are not coming from a hatchery, they are from and independent breeder. I am trying to get some her splash babies, but I don't know if I am going to get them yet. I sure hope so, they are so cute.........

Back
Top Bottom