HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! URGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chickenboy001

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 27, 2012
I NEED SOME HELP .....MY HEN DOSENT LOOK ALRIGHT...HER COMB LOOKS LESS REDISH SHE DOSENT EAT/DRINK THAT MUCH AND HER TAILFEATHERS ARE ALWAYS DOWN SHE DOSENT WALK THAT MUCH AND SHE MAKE WEIRD NOISES ... ITHINK SHES SICK
hide.gif
I FEEL LIKE SHES DIYING I DONT WANT HER TO DIE SHES MY BEST FRIEND ... I NEED SOME ADVISE ON WHAT TO DO.....THANK YOU!!!!!!!
hit.gif
SHES JUST 1 YEARS OLD

Last edited:
I'm not an expert, but I'm sure some will look at this. They will probably need more information.
Have a good look at your chicken,
Have you checked for lice or red mites?
What does her poop look like? Is it different to normal?
Have a check around her vent, is there any discharge or swelling.
How is her breathing?

Do you have other chickens? If so it might be an idea to separate her from them, somewhere she will feel safe and comfortable and warm enough until you figure out the problem.

Any symptoms you can post will help others help you.
Hope she gets well.

I'm not an expert, but I'm sure some will look at this. They will probably need more information.
Have a good look at your chicken,
Have you checked for lice or red mites?
What does her poop look like? Is it different to normal?
Have a check around her vent, is there any discharge or swelling.
How is her breathing?

Do you have other chickens? If so it might be an idea to separate her from them, somewhere she will feel safe and comfortable and warm enough until you figure out the problem.

Any symptoms you can post will help others help you.
Hope she gets well.
she has no lice or mites her poop a little diffrent color her vent looks normal but her breathing is abnormal... she breathes with her mouth instad of her nose she always has her mouth open all the time she makes weird noises wen shes breathing

Last edited:
Look up gapeworm - if the symptoms match then that may be the cause....treat her URGENTLY - I am sure others here with far more experience than me can give you some input as to what may be causing this - she may have a respiratory disease requiring antibiotics.

Good luck!

Suzie

How long has she been off her food?

Does she drink at all?

How long has she been panting?

Are her feathers sort of puffed out, like she's hot?

Do you see anything, or feel anything, obstructing her throat? Run your fingers gently from her beak to her chest....do you feel a lump?

Have you used a flashlight to visuall check for obstruction?

Skin color normal for her?

thanks for the help... but she passed away in my hands
hit.gif
i was crying but she knew i tryid my best to help her

Last edited:
I am so sorry for your loss! I'm sure it was a terrifying feeling, not knowing what was wrong or how to fix it. I hope the rest of your flock are all right.

I'm so sorry to hear that, Chickenboy. It makes me feel like crying cos I know how it felt when chickens of mine died. We try to do the best we can for our pets but it can be difficult cos they can't tell us what is wrong. And the dear things often don't let on that they are unwell until they are quite sick.
You obviously cared a lot for your chicken and I'm sure that she had a happy life with you.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom