Help me

tbowlin

Hatching
May 11, 2015
My son is starting to hatch endangered chickens and i am looking for hatching eggs for the white face mexican chicken breed does anyone know where i can purchase such eggs

My son is starting to hatch endangered chickens and i am looking for hatching eggs for the white face mexican chicken breed does anyone know where i can purchase such eggs

Welcome to BYC -- do you mean White Faced Spanish?
ETA - I would suggest visiting your "local" thread in the "Where am I/Where are you" area of the forum, there you can network with those around you and find a good source. Since he is wanting to work towards preservation, he would be doing himself and the potential birds the most benefit by sourcing from good breeding stock vs. ordering hatching eggs from a production based source (ie hatcheries selling hatching eggs). You could also attend some local poultry shows, swaps, etc to start seeing what sort of local interest there is in the breed.

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC!

It sounds as though your son has an interesting project. Besides the White Faced Spanish, what other breeds is he hatching? Hope he finds the eggs he wants.

Nice to have you join us!

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Great advice there for you from Ol Grey Mare on sourcing some quality eggs to hatch. Lovely to hear your son is wanting to keep some of the more rare chicken breeds going. Wishing you the very best of luck with your search for eggs.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Put "White faced Spanish chickens," in the search box. I just did and several entries came up. Actually it is called white faced black Spanish, and just skimming what I saw, I read they are among the oldest of the mediterranean breeds

Back
Top Bottom