Help!!Medicated Feed

teachao

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 24, 2009
Savannah Georgia
What will happen if ducks get a hold of medicated chicken feed? Went to the feed store told them I wanted the starter chicken feed like I had before. I didnot pay attention until I got home and granddaughter was feeding the ducklings and chicks. The ducklings were born on Memorial Day. It will be tomorrow before I can get back to the store and tomorrow afternoon before I can home to feed them the chick sarter food they have been on. Anne

teachao

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 24, 2009
Savannah Georgia
thank you thank you!!!! i was sitting here praying they would not die. I have been watching their every move.

Judy

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Feb 5, 2009
South Georgia
Medicated with what???

Most medicated feed is medicated with amprolium, which will not hurt a duck. Years ago, feed was medicated with some kind of stuff that had arsenic in it, which WAS harmful to a duck. If it is medicated with an antibiotic, then I do not know.

Last edited by a moderator:

ExpLo721

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 30, 2009
Chicago/Montgomery
I hate to be skeptical but I sure would hope more people would confirm this. I've heard that feeding medicated feed to ducks are a big no-no.

txredneckmedic

Songster
10 Years
Apr 20, 2009
I was skeptical also but my feed store got in contact with their purina rep and they said it would not hurt the ducks. I am on my 2nd set of ducklings on it and their doing great.

Top Bottom