HELP! Mother Duck Killed- How long can Eggs Survive W/O Heat?

Sorry, update is late; tapping still ongoing, occasional peep from the bator, and one other egg has what looks like a bump/start of pip. SLOOOOOOOOWWWWWW progress, hope they have the strength to keep going… fingers crossed that one or two break out by morning and call their siblings out of their shells!

Good Morning Everyone!!!!
Well, the fact that everybody's tapping is absolutely WONDERFUL news!!!! And, yes, as RedfogsFlock said, the humidity can be up to 80%, no higher though. I've always had great luck with it between 70-75%.......but these eggs didn't go through the same trauma these poor babies did. The pip on the other egg is another fantastic sign!!!! Keep us informed.......I know you'll be totally exhausted when this is finally over, Kathy(smile).
Speak to you later!!!!
Kathy
P.S. Happy Father's Day to all you Dads out there!!!!!!

Morning, Kathy and Everyone!
MORNING UPDATE: There are more cracks in the big egg that had the 2 pip-bumps, and another egg with what looks like a small crack/bump on it. So the first 3 to move into the air cell have something to show, and the other 3 that seem to be about a day behind are hopefully still working on it. Temp still steady 97º and humidity is ranging 75%-80%. With cracks showing, I can't really mist the eggs at this point, can I, as it might get in and drown the ducklings? Or do a quick cover-those-spots and fire one quick mist, or just keep humidity high and don't mist at all? ~ Kathy

*And a Happy Father's Day to All!

Last edited:
Hello Again!!!
Kathy, as long as the humidity is at 75-80% I wouldn't worry too much about misting anymore. They should continue to make progress......even though it still may be a bit slow........what do they say about patience being a virtue(smile). Sometimes once the first duckling or two hatch, things can proceed rather quickly ....hopefully that'll be the case here!!!! I'm really hoping for a miracle......I'd LOVE to hear that all 6 hatched!!!!
Kathy

OK- *sigh* - guess I'll go unwrap another bar of patience…
wink.png

I see egg 1 (big one) duckling pushing a little at the lower crack on the egg… go Team Duckling!

Quote:
Me too...I can't wait to see what happens. I would have trouble waiting for all these little "egg presents" to unwrap themselves so I could see the gifts inside!

BREAKTHROUGH! Egg #1 (Big one) has broken through the shell and duckling is visible as he/she works on getting a bigger escape hatch! Others are still tapping, and peeping between times… Keep it up, duckies!

Go Team Duckling!
jumpy.gif
-BYC'ers are cheering for you!

Last edited:
Congratulations, Kathy- one Grand-duckling out, 5 to go! Will post pics soon. First one out has been dubbed Kramer, Duck Norris still kicking around in his egg.
ya.gif
~ Kathy

Back
Top Bottom