1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help! my 3 week old chicks! please!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by lucyharper123, Dec 16, 2012.

1. lucyharper123

lucyharper123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2012
    my hens are free range as i live on a farm and i do have a cockrel, it is winter and my hens are still laying but a few weeks ago i found out that one of my hens was secretly sitting on two eggs! they hatched but then the mother took no interest in them, so i took them into my care and i had some bad luck as my bulb broke in my heat lamp ! and i cant get a hold of another one for a while :( so my chicks belle&rocky have been surviving with a hot water bottel and next to a radiator ! but now ive noticed they are making a crackley noise, look tired & unbalenced and this may sound stupid but one looks conctipated please tell me what to do they are like my newborn babys !

2. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    So they cant poop?? Do they have pasty butt?? They are probably just really cold. It is very important for them to stay warm, try holding them against you with a blanket for a while so they can warm up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by